How your podiatrists in New Braunfels, TX, can help with heel pain
If you suffer from heel pain, you already know how it can impact your life. You may be tempted to spend your time on the couch, instead of being active. Heel pain has a few different causes, and a few different treatments too. Your podiatrist can determine the best course of treatment to help you feel better fast.
Drs. Brandon and Sarah James at Foot & Ankle Surgery of New Braunfels in New Braunfels, TX, offer a wide variety of podiatry services, including treatment of heel pain.
First, let’s look at some of the different causes of heel pain. You can develop heel pain because of:
- Stepping on sharp or hard objects, causing a heel bruise
- Deposits of calcium on your heel, causing a heel spur
- Inflammation of the tissue on your heel, causing plantar fasciitis
No matter what is causing your heel pain, you can try a few simple home remedies to get relief. You can:
- Apply ice to your heel to reduce swelling and pain
- Elevate your heel and take the weight off of it
- Do gentle arch stretches to ease pain
- Take over-the-counter anti-inflammatory and pain medication
For moderate to severe heel pain that doesn’t respond to home therapies, it’s best to visit your podiatrist. Common professional treatments for heel pain include:
- Custom made orthotics and footwear to support your arches and heels
- Stretches and physical therapy to help maintain flexibility in your feet
- Prescription-strength anti-inflammatory medication to reduce swelling and pain
- Extracorporeal Shock Wave Treatment (ESWT) to break up calcium deposits
You don’t have to suffer from heel pain when help is just a phone call away. To learn more about the causes of heel pain and how your podiatrists can help you feel better, call Drs. Brandon and Sarah James at Foot & Ankle Surgery of New Braunfels in New Braunfels, TX. You can reach them in the office by calling (830) 387-4427. Call now.