How your podiatrists in New Braunfels, TX, can help your feet
Your feet are special, and they deserve the care of a specialist in feet–a podiatrist. Your podiatrist can treat a wide variety of foot, ankle, and toe conditions.
Drs. Brandon and Sarah James at Foot & Ankle Surgery of New Braunfels, in New Braunfels, TX, provide a wide range of foot care services to help your feet.
Let’s look at just a few of the foot, ankle, and toe conditions your podiatrist can treat:
- Ingrown toenails
- Toenail fungus
- Plantar fasciitis
- Flat feet
- Lateral ankle instability
- Strains, sprains, and fractures
Your podiatrist may recommend several methods to treat your feet, including:
Laser treatment, can kill the fungus which causes toenail fungus
Orthotics, can help with many foot conditions including plantar fasciitis, flat feet, and gait problems
Surgery, to repair and stabilize your feet and ankles and relieve bunions, hammertoes, lateral ankle instability, and fractures
Assistive devices, which can immobilize areas while they heal, and provide support to help you walk
There are some acute foot, toe, and ankle conditions which require the services of your podiatrist too. You should plan on seeing your podiatrist if:
- It’s difficult to walk or stand due to pain
- It’s difficult to maintain your balance
- Your ankles or feet don’t feel stable
- Your feet, ankles, or toes hurt for more than a week
- You feel feverish along with foot or ankle pain
- It’s difficult to put on shoes because of foot pain
- Foot, ankle, or toe pain are interfering with your ability to enjoy activities
Your podiatrist can help you and your feet, ankles, and toes feel better. If your feet or ankles hurt, don’t procrastinate. See your podiatrist.
To find out more about when to see a podiatrist and how your podiatrist can help your feet, call Drs. Brandon and Sarah James at Foot & Ankle Surgery of New Braunfels, in New Braunfels, TX. You can reach them in the office by calling (830) 387-4427, so call now.